Algarve Car Hire Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
All myalgarvecar.com rental rates includes
* Unlimited mileage.
* Mandatory insurances.
* Collision damage waiver liability.
* Theft waiver.
* Bail bonds (where needed).
* Local taxes.
What is not included?
* Personal accident insurance (PAI).
* Additional non-mandatory insurances.
* Insurance exclusions - see the relevant insurance sections.
* Fuel: a deposit is often payable for fuel and is usually refunded if the
car is returned with a full tank. Fuel policies vary. Please check when you
pick up your car.
* Garaging, tolls, congestion charges, parking and traffic fines.
* Lost keys, glasses, windscreen and tyres if not damaged by a reported accident.
* Drivers charges where applicable.
* Delivery and collection of your car out of the airport can be arranged during
normal working hours. There may be a charge for this.
* Out of hours charges.
* Optional extras.
* One-way rental charges where applicable.
* Young drivers charges where applicable.
* For airport pick-ups, it is essential that myalgarvecar.com be given the
correct flight number and arrival time, before departure. This can be done
either online or by phone.
* If this is not available at the time of booking, please ensure that you inform
us of this at least 7 days prior to departure, either online or by phone. No
responsibility can be accepted or compensation allowed for a failed rental
due to the late provision of this information.
* If you are under 23 or over 65 years old please inform our reservations
staff at the time of booking. Age restrictions may apply, and in some cases
there may be a young drivers charge payable at collection time.
Cancellation administration charge
* myalgarvecar.com levy a charge for cancellation of any pre payed booking
you are unable to honour prior to your collection date (see below).
* No refunds will be given for rentals ended early, late collections, no shows
or cancellations made after the rental start date.
* All cancellations must be made in writing, please e-mail us at email@example.com
* Cancelations must be received by us before the rental start date otherwise
no refund of any pre-payment will be made.
7 or more days before start date €15
6-3 days before start date 50%
2-1 days before start date 75%
Period of rental
* The duration of your rental starts and finishes according to the pick-up
and drop-off dates and times detailed on your voucher, the price of which will
be confirmed at time of booking and is calculated on the basis of 24-hour units.
If you wish to extend the rental period after collection of the car, or if
you return the car later than stated on your voucher, you will be charged locally
at the local daily rate, which may be higher than our online rates. No refunds
are payable on cars returned early.
* One rental day is equal 24 hours - Each fraction of a day is considered
as an aditional day.
* Prices quoted on this web page are 25% cheaper than desk rates and further
discounts cannot be granted.
* Rates for 3 days are 50 % of the weekly rates.
* Rates more than 3 and less than 7 days are based on the 6 day pro-rate.
* Rates less than 3 days are based on the 4 day pro-rate.
* Rates more than 7 days are based on the 7 day pro-rate.
* Child seats: these are mandatory in Portugal and must be requested at the
time of booking. If requested and confirmed at least 7 days prior to departure
these will be guaranteed.
* Roof racks are available just for some kind of cars (group A, B,C) and should
be specially requested at the time of booking. There is usually a charge for
them as shown in our price list page. Early requests are recommended to guarantee
* GPS (Satelite Navigation System) is available and should be specially requested
at the time of booking. There is a charge for it as shown in the price list.
Early requests are recommended to guarantee availability.
* Amendments to a booking may be subject to a €5 amendment fee depending
on the bureaucratic work involved.
* For a small extra charge we can guarantee the delivery of the car you book.
Bookings cannot be made with less than 72 hours and must be prepayed. Some
restrictions may apply for special cars during high requested seasons.
Delivery and collection/one-way rentals
* Delivery and collection is normally at the airport. The car can be delivered
and/or collected to your accommodation. A charge for delivery and collection
may apply and will be advised on booking if applicable.
* If you would like your car to be delivered, full address and delivery time
must be given at the time of booking.
* Deliveries and collections are available during normal working hours. If
you request a delivery/collection outside the normal working hours a "out
of hours" fee may apply.
* One way rentals are subjected to a surcharge as show in our price list.
Out of hours charges
* Sometimes flights will be met and cars supplied outside of normal working
hours. However, there may be an additional charge for this service as shown
in our price list. This will be quoted when your flight timings are given to
us. In the event that a flight is delayed, causing the car pick-up to fall
outside normal working hours, the additional charge will be made locally, where
the out of hours service is available.
* Drivers must produce a full driving licence held for at least one year
. Drivers with a new style licence must have all sections with them.
* For some car types, drivers must have held a full licence for a minimum of
* It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure that he/she has the appropriate
* We must be informed of any endorsements on the driver’s licence, as
we may not be able to take your booking.
* No refunds will be given for rentals rejected due to non-production of a
driving licence or non-disclosed endorsements.
* For faxed or photocopied licences please ask first for acceptance.
* The rental voucher sent by us by email must be presented when picking up
your rental car. myalgarvecar.com cannot be held responsible for rentals rejected
if a voucher is not presented.
* You should retain your rental documents and related receipts for a minimum
of 28 days after returning home.
* Charges may apply for additional drivers as shown in our price list page.
Additional drivers must be requested at booking time.
* Additional driver not requested at booking time can be requested at collection
time and are payable locally on pick-up.
* All customers will be required to leave a deposit to cover the collision
damage waiver excess, theft waiver excess (where applicable) and fuel . To
do so, a valid credit card in the name of the lead driver, must be produced
upon collection of the car, as a form of deposit.
* Cash deposits are usually not accepted.
* Where a deposit for fuel is payable, it will usually be refunded if the car
is returned with a full tank. If the tank is not returned full, our rep will
charge for fuel at its prevailing rate. They may also levy a refuelling charge.
Please check the fuel policy when you pick up your car.
Provision of cars
* Our rep can refuse to provide a car to any customer who is, in his opinion,
unfit to drive or does not meet eligibility requirements or refuses to produce
a credit card as a security deposit. In such circumstances your contract with
us will terminate immediately, and we will have no further liability to you,
and no refund will be due.
Number of passengers
* Our rental cars are insured for a maximum number of passengers. myalgarvecar.com
cannot accept responsibility if the vehicle is not large enough to fit all
passengers and luggage on arrival if details were not supplied at the time
of booking. In the interest of safety this number must not be exceeded and
if exceeded the insurance will be invalidated.
* Our insurance is valid to drive in Portugal. Restrictions are applicable
when crossing country and state borders. Cross border charges, as shown in
our price list page, may apply if you want to drive out of Portugal. Cross
border Insurance should be requested at booking time but can be asked at collection
time and payable locally.
Collision Damage and Theft Waiver Exclusions and Damage Excess Waiver Product
* We waive, in most circumstances your liability to pay for any damage caused
to the vehicle during the period of hire, subject only to the payment by you
of a charge, referred to as an "excess" as shown below depending
on the car group. Your liability for the damage will be limited to the cost
of the excess. We call this contractual waiver "Collision Damage Waiver" or "CDW".
CDW is subject to certain exclusions which include, without limit, when damage
is caused to windows/windscreens, wheels and tyres, the underside or roof of
the car or where the vehicle is driven off-road or on un-tarmacked roads, without
due care and attention, negligently or where the driver is under the influence
of alcohol or drugs. Your liability to pay for the damage will therefore not
be waived in these circumstances and you may be liable for the full cost.
* If you would like us to waive your liability to pay the excess referred to
above, then you can purchase our Super Collision Damage Waiver product (SCDW).
However, please be aware that even with this product you will still have to
compensate the car rental partner for damage which falls within one of the
exclusions identified above.
* Theft Waiver (also known as Theft Protection) provides coverage for theft
or attempted theft, of the vehicle up to the full value of the vehicle and
any loss that we may incur. You are responsible for the excess of each claim,
which you will be required to pay as part of the overall excess deposit (unless
you are advised that this is not applicable at the time of booking). Your loss
will be limited provided the vehicle is used and its keys returned in accordance
with the terms and conditions of the rental agreement.
Super Collision Damage Waiver product (SCDW)
* On all bookings you will be required to leave a deposit to the value of
any CDW excess you may be required to pay if the vehicle is damaged during
the period of hire (see the paragraphs dealing with CDW above). If the vehicle
is damaged, the deposit will be retained and treated as payment of the excess.
If, however, you have purchased our SCDW product, your liability to pay the
excess will be waived and you may reclaim it, provided that you bring a police
accident report. Your liability to pay for damage to the vehicle will therefore
be limited to the cost of the daily rate you pay for SCDW.
* Please note than a police report is absolutely necessary for you to reclaim
your liability to pay the damage caused by accident or theft.
* SCDW (and CDW) do not apply in relation to damage to windows/windscreens,
wheels and tyres, the underside and the roof, the interior of the car, towing
charges or where the vehicle is driven off-road or on un-tarmacked roads, without
due care and attention, negligently or where the driver is under the influence
of alcohol or other drugs. Your liability to pay the cost of the damage will
therefore not be waived in these circumstances and you may be liable for the
* In the event that keys are lost or damaged, you will be liable for the reasonable
costs of obtaining a replacement, and further costs if directly related to
the theft of the car.
* SCDW does not apply when taking four-wheel drive vehicles "off road" or
on un-tarmacked roads. Your liability to pay the CDW excess will therefore
not be waived in these circumstances and you may be liable for the full excess.
Excess and Excess Waiver
- For groups A, B, C, D -> Excess 950,00 € / Waiver
- For groups E, F, F1, G, G1, G2-> Excess 1500,00 € /
Waiver 10,00 € per day
- For groups H, H1, I, I1 -> Excess 2500,00 € / Waiver
15,00 € per day
- For groups J, J1, L, K, O -> Excess 2500,00 € / Waiver
15,00 € per day
* All taxes are included except those on any extras purchased locally. e.g.
one-way drop-off fees, child seats, additional drivers, etc.
* myalgarvecar.com reserves the right to levy any government increases in
local taxes that may be introduced after the printing of these terms and conditions.
* Any additional charges payable on arrival are subject to local taxes at the
prevailing rate in Portugal (VAT 20%).
* Payments on collection are subjected to a mobile credit card processing fee
of 5% when made by credit card.
* myalgarvecar.com are unable to guarantee the delivery of a particular
make or model withing the group you choose. The cars shown on your fleet lsit
are for guidance only as an example of the possible cars within this group
and may be substituted for an alternative, similar or upgraded car (at no extra
* If you have booked a prestige car, the specific car booked is guaranteed.
* If it becomes impossible to provide your booked car due to breakdown or an
accident, a similar or upgraded car will be provided.
* If you are dissatisfied in any way with the standard of your booked car,
you must advise us immediately so we may be able to satisfy your claim.
* In the event of any mechanical difficulties or accidents involving your
car, it is important that details are reported to us immediately.
* In the event of an accident you must also complete an accident report form
by the end of the rental period.
* Local police should also be notified in the case of accidents and a signed
police report obtained.
* Full details of third parties should also be obtained.
* You are not given authority to repair a vehicle.
* You should retain copies of all rental documentation in the event an insurance
company is involved.
* Your insurance cover may be invalidated if this procedure is not followed
correctly and this may prejudice any claim for compensation.
* A check-in form must be signed on return of the vehicle. Failure to do so
may delay the investigation of disputes regarding damage excess charges.
* myalgarvecar.com aims to resolve complaints within 28 days of receipt.
Some complaints may take longer than 28 days owing to the nature of the issue
and information provided. myalgarvecar.com can only consider complaints that
reach us within 15 days of the final day of rental to which the rental voucher
refers. Actions against myalgarvecar.com are restricted to the laws that occur
within the jurisdiction of the Portuguese courts.
* All bookings by our customers are subject to our terms and conditions.
* The customer acknowledges that in making a booking with myalgarvecar.com
he/she does so only on the basis of the material contained in our brochure,
voucher, on our website or information provided on the phone by its employees.
* Please note that the rental of the vehicle will be subject to the law of
Portugal and for this reason you will be required to sign a rental contract
with us as imposed by law. You should satisfy yourself that you understand
(and agree) to its terms and conditions, as you will be subject to, and must
comply with these terms, and the local law.
* myalgarvecar.com will not be held responsible for anyone driving under the
influence of alcohol/drugs, causing wilful damage, off road driving or driving
without due care and attention. The customer will accept responsibility in
respect of such claims. This list is not exclusive.
* Cars and all offersincluded in our web site or brochure are subject to availability.
* myalgarvecar.com shall not be liable itself or vicariously through its
rep's for either a failure to perform or delay in performing any of its obligations
under or pursuant to this booking, voucher, reservation, rental or terms and
conditions, if and in so far as performance is delayed, hindered or prevented
by force majeure, which expression shall mean any event beyond the reasonable
control of the party in question. In the event that the force majeure persists
for more than 14 consecutive days, myalgarvecar.com may terminate and withdraw
this booking, reservation or rental by giving 14 days notice to the clients
original billing address.
Algarve Car Hire | Algarve Car Rental
Happy Driving Holidays in Algarve